Interesting People mailing list archives

WikiLeaks gets on the bad side of the USSD

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:18:56 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Justin D <justin () freeverse com>
Date: March 24, 2010 3:49:51 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: WikiLeaks gets on the bad side of the USSD

Greetings Dave,

For IP, if you will… short but sweet as I've not much to add, other than that I'm eager to see how this develops.

WikiLeaks, publisher of all manner of sensitive information, has roused the US State Department into tailing, documenting and detaining their staff.

Details from the source can be found via the WikiLeaks Twitter account:
http://twitter.com/wikileaks.

And a bit of recent backstory (however poorly written ;) can be found at Techie Buzz:
http://techie-buzz.com/latest-news/wikileaks-pentagon-murder-cover-up.html

Fascinating that with the proliferance of social networks and mobile technology, we can watch this situation progress in near-real-time (as the ability of the subjects allows, at any rate).

~ Justin D'Onofrio  |  Freeverse