Interesting People mailing list archives

Anti-drone technology

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:37:58 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mark Del Bianco <mark () markdelbianco com>
Date: July 13, 2017 at 10:07:26 AM EDT
To: Dave Farber <farber () gmail com>
Subject: Anti-drone technology

Dave-

For IP, if you wish, as a follow up on earlier listserv discussions of drone geofencing software.

New NASA Tech Kills Trespassing Drones Without Touching Them

New NASA Tech Kills Trespassing Drones Without Touching Them
A self-destruct mode, for when your drone does something it shouldn't.

It seems to me that this solution, like so many other proposals I've seen, fails to address the true bad actor
scenario.  Even if its installation were mandatory, terrorists and others could disable or override the software on
commercial drones - or simply build their own drones without the software.

Mark