Interesting People mailing list archives

Re Airline Electronics Ban Is Protectionism, Not Security | Sascha Segan | PCMag.com

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 22:24:53 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Malin, Bradley A <b.malin () vanderbilt edu>
Date: Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 3:34 PM
Subject: RE: [IP] Re Airline Electronics Ban Is Protectionism, Not Security
| Sascha Segan | PCMag.com
To: dave () farber net <dave () farber net>

Not to forget that Etihad and Turkish Airways consistently ranked at the
top of the world’s best airlines, often with American spokesmen (um… Kobe
Bryant!).  I’ve flown US to Ataturk numerous times on Turkish and have
taken the time to work on grant proposals, read and comment on
dissertations, write code, and generally get work done in a quiet
environment.  Asking a modern business traveler to give up their laptop /
tablet for such an extended period of time is beyond painful.

-brad