Interesting People mailing list archives

Leading Neuroscientist Explains How the Brain Hallucinates Reality

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 17:40:31 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: the keyboard of geoff goodfellow <geoff () iconia com>
Subject: Fwd: Leading Neuroscientist Explains How the Brain Hallucinates Reality
Date: October 25, 2017 at 4:30:59 PM EDT
To: E-mail Pamphleteer Dave Farber's Interesting People list <ip () listbox com>

Leading Neuroscientist Explains How the Brain Hallucinates Reality

In a recent Ted Talk, neuroscientist Anil Seth revealed irrefutable proof that conscious reality is not shaped by the
world around us. In fact, quite the opposite is true. Our brain hallucinates our reality into being. It uses past
experiences and sensory data to make a series of predictions about the outside world. Through this process, it
generates the world.

The world we experience comes as much, if not more, from the inside out as from the outside in.
~ Anil Seth, Professor of Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience at the University of Sussex, United Kingdom
​[SNIP]​

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2017/10/23/leading-neuroscientist-explains-brain-hallucinates-reality/
<http://www.wakingtimes.com/2017/10/23/leading-neuroscientist-explains-brain-hallucinates-reality/>

Geoff.Goodfellow () iconia com <mailto:Geoff.Goodfellow () iconia com>
living as The Truth is True
http://geoff.livejournal.com <http://geoff.livejournal.com/>

This message was sent to the list address and trashed, but can be found online.
<https://www.listbox.com/login/messages/view/20171025163146:8324750E-B9C3-11E7-9487-F7452B487850/>