Interesting People mailing list archives

Re So What The Heck Does 5G Actually Do? And Is It Worth What The Carriers Are Demanding?

From: "Dave Farber" <farber () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 13:20:58 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bob Frankston" <Bob19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Subject: RE: [IP] So What The Heck Does 5G Actually Do? And Is It Worth What The Carriers Are Demanding?
Date: July 4, 2018 at 1:07:32 PM GMT+9
To: dave () farber net, "     'ip'" <ip () listbox com>

Notice the mention of “hetnets” – an attempt to return to the glory days of smart networks and away from the powerful
idea of standard packets.. The Internet has freed us from depending on the smarts of network providers. No surprise
that a primary goal of 5G is to return to the glory days of the intelligent network. Slicing networks is an example
of anti-neutrality in which owners can sell off capacity for preferred access and services.