Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Linux snares security tool

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 01:39:37 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: suntzu <oonix () unixfoo org>

Basically the worst thing that pisses me off is the fact that everyone
and their mom is offering security products or solutions as an actual
product instead of a process....

Sure these things can perform their task but what if it breaks, how
will you figure out whats going on?

Products don't just bring security... the process does..  I think that
was probably what jericho was saying underneath everything. Clueless
users and admins still have to have a brain when it comes to security
or logically planning their network...all to oftern the product/ one
time fix is being sold so all administrators have to do is point,
click, reboot.....

its not about the product, its not about how secure it supposedly
makes you... its about the science...the fun of figuring stuff out,
and all to often everyone has the same problem. no one cares.

ill shutup now.

-st

im not an expert, just interested in learning, so i learn.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.