Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Did FBI Ignore Code Red Warning?

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 01:09:58 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Dave Dittrich <dittrich () cac washington edu>

Kim Zetter, PCWorld.com
Tuesday, September 04, 2001

The Code Red threat seems to have finally halted its malicious crawl,

Not according to the logs and email reports I'm seeing!  The media
*feeding frenzy* over Code Red may have finally halted it malicious
crawl, but scanning from infected hosts hasn't.

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks

;)

--
Dave Dittrich                           Computing & Communications
dittrich () cac washington edu             University Computing Services

PGP key      http://staff.washington.edu/dittrich/pgpkey.txt

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.