Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: Teen Hacker Packs Feminist Punch

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:07:34 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Aj Effin Reznor <aj () reznor com>

"InfoSec News was known to say....."

http://www.techtv.com/news/security/story/0,24195,3382211,00.html

By Rick Lockridge, Tech Live New York bureau chief
April 24, 2002

MECHLIN, Belgium -- She can kick your butt and wipe your hard drive
cleaner than a dog's dinner plate. So when the young kickboxer and
virus writer known as "Gigabyte" tells you she doesn't want her face
on TV, well, you play along. Tonight's "Tech Live" tells her story.

"I'll just shoot you from behind," I say, carrying my TV camera
across the large mat that covers the health club's gymnasium floor.
It's almost time for the 6 p.m. kickboxing class, and Gigabyte is
the only woman there.

To quote what I posted to the Tech TV site, since god knows the
authors of this sh*t never link their mail addresses:

"Well if this isn't "se7en 2.0" I don't know what is.  Just turned 18,
but learned to code on a C64?  Sweet lord, what will the media be fed
next?

Even if that *were* plausable, the rest of the article sounds just
like Valor going off about hacking just hacked his 99th porn server.
Doesn't ANYONE in the media have a freaking memory, or is the turnover
rate so high that it's constant fresh meat writing these articles
who've never bothered to research the past, even in the MILDEST
degree???

WTF?"

-aj.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.