Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: Bills aim at raising infosec expertise

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 02:32:45 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Junkmail Rosenberger <junkmail () barnowl com>

  >>why don't we make it a civil and firing offense for sysadmins
  >>to ignore standards? Not to mention everybody and their cousin
  >>can get 'an exception' if they collar the right person.

I agree.  I'd also like to see punishments for "Typhoid Mary" users.
"The guy who practices safe computing is a nobody," once said
CompuServe sysop Orville Fudpucker, "but all hail the jerk who barely
survived an attack."

Rob

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
of the mail.