Information Security News mailing list archives

Re: [TSCM-L] Security? Huh! (fwd)

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 04:02:55 -0600 (CST)

Forwarded from: Alex Nehlebaeff <Alex.Nehlebaeff () weblinkwireless com>

Maybe, but I seriously doubt you are hired to perform penetration test
on critical government agencies. I would imagine that the buildings
you are performing your penetration tests on are buildings that do not
contain classified information or systems and are accessible to the
public.

That is not to say that public accessible buildings don't hold
sensitive material and that you are not performing a service. My beef
and this is were I agree with Michael, is you make it sound as if the
whole federal government security program is a joke. And after
spending 24 years in the Navy, I think I have been exposed to some of
the security mechanisms that the government uses and I assure you,
that your james bond tactics would not work in the majority of the
installations I (and Michael) worked in.

Alex L. Nehlebaeff, ITC(SW), USN(Ret)

-=-

Forwarded from: Steve Uhrig <Steve () swssec com>