Information Security News mailing list archives

RE: MS Outlook booted off campus

From: InfoSec News <isn () c4i org>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 03:38:40 -0500 (CDT)

Forwarded from: Roger Safian <r-safian () nwu edu>

At 05:34 AM 5/24/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Forwarded from: Wall David Civ AETC/DOXD <David.Wall () RANDOLPH AF MIL>

Is it just me, or is somebody burying their heads in the sand?
Whatever happened to maintaining the latest antiviral signature
files so you don't get hit in the first place?

Am I missing something here?????

I'm glad someone else felt this way.  Outlook is not the primary email
program here at Northwestern, Eudora is, and we still had our share of
infections.  Personally I don't think banning Outlook will solve their
problem.  Perhaps they might consider banning Windows instead?  ;-)

Personally, I think a campaign to get people to keep their anti-viral
software and patches up to date, coupled with a program of education
on safe computing would pay off.  Not only would this benefit the
college, but, the students would benefit from learning a skill that
they will be able to use in the future.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () nwu edu (email) public key available on many key servers.

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

To unsubscribe email majordomo () attrition org with 'unsubscribe isn'
in the BODY of the mail.