Information Security News mailing list archives

Healthcare.gov 'may already have been compromised, ' security expert says

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 06:26:00 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/11/19/healthcaregov-already-compromised-security-expert-says/

FoxNews.com
November 19, 2013

Not only is healthcare.gov at risk, it may already have been compromised, a security expert testified before the Senate.

"Hackers are definitely after it," said David Kennedy, CEO of information security firm TrustedSEC before a House Science, Space, and Technology committee hearing on security concerns surrounding the problematic Healthcare.gov website.

"And if I had to guess, based on what I can see... I would say the website is either hacked already or will be soon."

Kennedy told FoxNews.com he based this on an analysis revealing a large number of SQL injection attacks against the healthcare.gov website, which are indicative of "a large amount" of hacking attempts.

[...]

--
Dean Bushmiller teaches a great 5-Day CISM in Albany NY Dec. 2  6.
Call 327-937-9786 for details.