Information Security News mailing list archives

How To Become a CISO: Top Tips

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 10:32:08 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.darkreading.com/how-to-become-a-ciso-top-tips/d/d-id/1317945

By Sara Peters
Dark Reading
12/8/2014

Over the past seven weeks, we've examined how to reach that lofty position of chief information security officer (CISO). We got a peek into what employers are looking for in a CISO from Mark Aiello, president of the Boston cyber security staffing firm Cyber360 Solutions. We heard the professional origin stories of five CISOs: Jonathan Trull of Qualys, Quinn Shamblin of Boston University, Jennings Aske of Nuance Communications, Mark Potter of Danya International, and Janet Levesque of RSA.

We'll continue the conversation on the message boards here and on the next episode of Dark Reading Radio, Wednesday, Dec. 17, at 1:00 p.m. EST (10:00 a.m. PST). You'll have the opportunity to chat with some of our CISOs and pick the brain of Lee Kushner, president of LJ Kushner & Associates, who's been helping information security professionals get hired for years.

Until then, here are some of the key lessons we've learned so far.

[...]

--
Evident.io - Continuous Cloud Security for AWS.
Identify and mitigate risks in 5 minutes or less.