Information Security News mailing list archives

Cyber Security Challenge CEO hits back at KPMG’s 'lack of credible candidates' claim

From: InfoSec News <alerts () infosecnews org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:46:06 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/2323357/cyber-security-challenge-ceo-hits-back-at-kpmg-s-lack-of-credible-candidates-claim

By Sooraj Shah
Computing

The CEO of the Cyber Security Challenge, Stephanie Daman, has hit back at claims that the series of national events designed to encourage talented professionals to join the UK IT security sector has failed to attract suitable candidates.

KPMG's UK head of cyber security, Martin Jordan, said that the ‘Big Four' professional services firm had to scale down its sponsorship of the challenge because of a lack of credible talent for the firm to recruit.

"We've drawn down our involvement this year, sadly we didn't see the CVs coming through and the sponsorship is quite expensive - we are a business," he said.

Stephen Bonner, a partner in the information protection side of KPMG, said that the challenge did not appropriately reflect what a role in cyber security entails, but said that it had worked in growing awareness of cyber security as a profession. He also sympathised with the event organisers, suggesting that it is not the role of CSC to be a recruitment agency.

[...]

--
Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org/subscribe-to-infosec-news/