Metasploit mailing list archives

question about the return addr of the serv-u exploit

From: guyincognito2 at bk.ru (Guy Incognito)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 19:06:47 +0200

Hello mailinglist,

i'm wondering you can use the return addr 0x00401877, for the serv-u
exploit i have test it with the framework and it works great. but
i have once coded my own exploit and when i there use this offset it
doesn't work because of the null-byte.

i attached olly on the process and i can see that at the begining
there is 0x00401877 in memory but the serv-u process pass some
functions and then the NULL-bytes is suddently 0xeb.

do u you any trick???
i hope i can get any answer, it will save me a lot of debugging effort.

thanks a lot.

--
Best regards,
 Guy                          mailto:guyincognito2 at bk.ru