Metasploit mailing list archives

SSL connection errors

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:48:09 -0500

Verify that the RPORT value is pointing to the SSL service. A common error
is that someone will set the SSL option to 1, but leave the RPORT setting
to '80' or another non-SSL port. If this is not the case, it could be
that the SSL service is misconfigured or broken (such as an IIS server
with SSL enabled, but with an invalid or missing certificate). Try
pointing a browser at this service and see if it is able to establish a
connection.

-HD