Metasploit mailing list archives

Newbie

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:22:59 -0500

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:49:55AM -0500, mmckenzie at unmc.edu wrote:
Hello,

Currently we are using Nessus as our primary security scanning software.

Nessus gives us a lot of false-postives as many of you probably already
know.

With the framework software, is there a way to tell it to scan a list of
hosts for all exploits and payloads for a given operating system?

The framework isn't designed to be used as a vulnerability scanner.
There is currently no integrated way to instruct the framework to check
or exploit multiple hosts.  While you could make a wrapper around this
with msfcli, it is likely that you would find it to be suboptimal for
what you're wanting to do (vulnerability scanning).