Metasploit mailing list archives

Runing application remote server side

From: nicolas.ruff at gmail.com (Nicolas RUFF)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:01:27 +0200

i have a problem about running a ".exe" file remotely in a windows 2003
server.
i have access to server to upload, read, and write some files to server
remotely.
but i need to execute my uploaded ".exe" file remotely on server
(server-side)

What do you mean by "I cannot execute files" ? (Error message ?)

Can you execute standard system binaries, like CMD.EXE ?

What does the CACLS command says ? Who is given execute access ?

Are you sure the %TMP% and %TEMP% directories are not executable ?
(Basically every installer will drop EXE files in these directories)

We lack context here ...

Regards,
- Nicolas RUFF