Metasploit mailing list archives

Windows 2003 Server SP1

From: nicolas.ruff at gmail.com (Nicolas RUFF)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 22:38:16 +0200

Windows 2003 SP1 has been fully recompiled using the /GS switch from
Visual Studio. There are some other security enhancements, e.g.
anonymous connections being *really* blocked, Heap Cookies, ...

To date, there is no known "anonymously remotely reliably exploitable"
flaw in Windows 2003 SP1, and I doubt there will be any (I am not
talking about client-side flaws).

You last chance is trying to exploit a kernel flaw like the TCP/IP
Source Routing bug (MS06-032). Good luck.

If you want to practice Metasploit, I suggest you install a buggier OS
like Windows 2000 SP4.

Regards,
- Nicolas RUFF