Metasploit mailing list archives

Ticket 70 : Discovery modules are not working on OS X

From: rhyskidd at gmail.com (Rhys Kidd)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 02:35:45 +0800

I also triaged this bug, and was unable to find any problems with
Metasploit scanner modules on my Mac OS X laptop[1]. HD pushed it back
to the original reporter for more details, but it seems this step hasn't
been documented fully on Trac yet.

So yes, as far as I am aware it's not a confirmed bug yet.

- Rhys

[1]
$ uname -a
Darwin Rhys-iBook.local 8.9.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.0: Thu Feb 22
20:54:07 PST 2007; root:xnu-792.17.14~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc
$ ruby --version
ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [powerpc-darwin8.0]

Fabrice MOURRON wrote:
Hi,

I want to know what's the defect module on this ticket :
https://metasploit.com/dev/trac/ticket/70

Because, I test theses modules :
   scanner/dcerpc/endpoint_mapper       Endpoint Mapper Service Discovery
   scanner/dcerpc/hidden                Hidden DCERPC Service Discovery
   scanner/dcerpc/management            Remote Management Interface
Discovery

And it works fine on my OS X.

@+

Fab