Metasploit mailing list archives

Error while Running McAfee Subscription Manager Stack Overflow

From: jerome.athias at free.fr (Jerome Athias)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:15:49 +0200

[06/26/2007 10:50:23] [w(1)] core: windows/shell_reverse_tcp: Failed to encode payload with encoder
x86/avoid_utf8_tolower: Encoding failed due to a bad character (index=1, char=0x48)

From avoid_utf8_tolower.rb:
# It's impossible to reach 0x7f, 0x80, 0x81 with two subs
# of a value that is < 0x80 without NULLs.

From the exploit:
'BadChars'       => "\x00

It should be one part of the answer...
Maybe skape can help on this one

btw, did you try to use another (smaller) payload?

/JA
SecurInfos.info

M.P.Sairam wrote:
I am getting error No Encoder encoded the buffer successfully when iam
trying to run exploit/windows/browser/mcafee_mcsubmgr_vsprintf . Can
anyone help me out of this issue. I am attaching the few lines of
framework.log file.

Thanks,
  --
Sairam

This email message (including any attachments) is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary
and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately notify the sender by reply email and destroy all
copies of the original message. Thank you.

Intoto Inc.