Metasploit mailing list archives

Windows Transparent Authentication updates

From: natronicus at gmail.com (natronicus)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:46:16 -0600

The RSnake posting you referred to was an email from me.  Just wanted
to address your three circumstances:

1. URL must be an internal IP address or hostname (no FQDN)

Yep, that's why I used NBNS spoofing to create an arbitrary computer
name and point it to an external IP.

2. Server must send the correct domain workstation is a member of

I'm not sure what you mean by Server.  If you're referring to the
applet doing the spoofing, it doesn't need to know your domain, as
it's using NBNS/WINS.  NBNS doesn't care about your domain.  You need
to know both the domain name and the AD server's address if you're
doing dynamic SOA updates to cache a fake DNS entry.

3. Server must not be accessed via the proxy

Again not sure what you mean by Server, but if here you mean the
attacker's machine, that's not true.  All communication between the
attacker and the browser occurs through HTTP (well, DNS for the actual
DNS rebinding, but that's outside the scope of this part of the
attack).  All other communication occurs between the applet in the
browser and the localhost.

Regarding the proxy to use once you've begun the
auto-auth/pass-the-hash, this is what I'm working on now.  (This
theoretical proxy should be able to extend many metasploit exploits
through the browser via DNS rebinding.  There are port/protocol
restrictions keeping it from allowing all exploits, and it would never
work for anything that requires the victim to initiate the
connection.)  If anyone has code they'd be willing to release, please
let the list know, as it would be appreciated.

Regards,