Metasploit mailing list archives

Handling DNS protocol in MSF API

From: sylvain.sarmejeanne.ml at gmail.com (Sylvain SARMEJEANNE)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:30:13 +0000

Sorry for the delay and for advertising my project again, but Scruby
might be of some help here. However, quite a lot of work would need to
be done to import DNS dissectors from Scapy, as there are a few missing
fields to implement (DNSRRCountField, DNSQRField, DNSRRField, etc).

I volunteer to implement this DNS support if some of you need it.

Sylvain SARMEJEANNE

H D Moore a ?crit :
Last I checked, it still needed a lot of work to handle the things I was
going to use it for (fake DNS server). It may work just fine for
client-side requests.

-HD