Metasploit mailing list archives

Spam: RE: Spam: RE: Spam: How safe is a hardware firewall?

From: rsrivastwa at yahoo.com (Rohit Srivastwa)
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 20:38:26 -0800 (PST)

Robin
Remember the golden rule of firewall. First block all, then start allowing traffic one-by-one as required and before
opening any port ask yourself "is it actually required"

Even I'm a proud user of fortinet box, this product rocks. You might not get ready made ports in the list for skypein,
yahoo games etc. You'll have to create custom services for these & then group them together to allow traffic.

But as everyone said, open port 80 to your webserver is enough to create havoc if the server is unpatched or
misconfigured.

regards
./Rohit

 --