Metasploit mailing list archives

MSF 4.0 source code leaked!

From: jerome.athias at free.fr (Jerome Athias)
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 09:33:05 +0200

"Slachdot has learned of shocking and potentially devastating news. It
would appear that two packages are circulating on the internet, one
being the source code to Metasploit Framework 4.0, and the other being
the source code to PwnCraft? Beta. At this time, it is hard to establish
whether or not full code has leaked, and this will undoubtedly remain
the situation until an attempt is made to compile them. Metasploit
Corporation are currently unavailable for comment surrounding this leak
so we have no official response from them at the time of writing.

This leak is a shock not only to Slachdot, but to the wider IT industry.
The ramifications of this leak are far reaching and devastating. This
reporter does not wish to be sensationalist, but the number of
industries and critical systems that are affected by these technologies
that could be damaged by new exploits found in this source code is
something that doesn't bare thinking about.

We ask that for the wider benefit of the IT community that members and
readers support Metasploit Corporation by forwarding anything they know
about the leak to the Metasploit Corporation's Anti-Piracy department.

Update: Metasploit Corporation's Johnny Doh has confirmed the leak
stating: "Today we became aware that incomplete portions of Metasploit
Framework 4.0 and PwnCraft source code was illegally made available on
the Internet"

Any torrent link anyone?

/JA
https://www.securinfos.info