Metasploit mailing list archives

Meterpeter Crashes

From: stewart_fey at yahoo.com (Stewart Fey)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:15:46 -0700 (PDT)

I created a standalone executable exploit using meterpreter as the payload but is seems to crash and send an error
message to the victims computer.
While testing it, the payload would work fine but when I exited my shell an error message pops up telling the victim
that somefile.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...Do you want to send an error report to MS.?
Additionally, on another test computer the same error message pops up when then payload executes?but the handler
program is not on line.
?
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?? Both test machines are XP.