Metasploit mailing list archives

MS08-067 - worked - revision update - now does not work any more

From: Neo.X at web.de (Florian Roth)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 00:00:37 +0100

What happend to "Microsoft Server Service Relative Path Stack Corruption"
Exploit? MS08-067

I checked it against my Windows XP SP2 (DE - German) machine last weekend
and it worked fine.

Now it tells me
"Could not determine the exact service pack"
although I haven't changed a thing except updating to a new revision number
of msf.

I checked the same with "Windows XP SP2 (EN - English)" and got the same
error.
It is - and that is sure - an XP SP2 without any additional Hotfix - neither
the German nor the English one.

I used Automatic Detection and selected the Languages manually in Target
selection.
Selecting manually returns "STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND (Command=162
WordCount=0)".

What was changed?

Sincerely
Saludos cordiales