Metasploit mailing list archives

postgresql database problems

From: hdm at metasploit.com (H D Moore)
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 11:18:14 -0500

On Thu, 07 May 2009 10:37:05 -0500, Simen Bjelke <s.bjelke at online.no>
wrote:

I did the "gem install [postgresql] -> 1 gem installed", and verified
with "ruby -e 'require "rubygems"; require "postgres";'" But initdb
command isn't there. I've talked to some of the guys in #postgresql and
they blame ruby for this issue. What do you guys think and where should
I start?

The initdb command is part of postgres itself, not part of the ruby
package. You need to install postgres, or set your path properly to have
this command available. This issue is entirely related to your postgres
configuration and has nothing to do with ruby or metasploit.

 PS: Why are there no people on the silc channel, seems kinda redundant
to even promote it on the website when it's not in use. Wouldn't it be
better to start an IRC channel on freenode or something. I know some
people get chills even when they hear the word IRC, but I do believe it
would gather a larger crowd and essentially build a better community
around the tool.

There are 64 people in the silc channel. The channel name is 'metasploit'
and the server is 'silc.hick.org'. The upside to having the channel on a
weird little network using a weird little protocol is it limits the amount
of drama :-)

-HD