Metasploit mailing list archives

Meterpreter Sniffer

From: btricha at gmail.com (Bryan Richardson)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:47:22 -0600

Thanks for the feedback HD.  I suspect the return values are accurate...
it's just returning false because the run_cmd stuff isn't working
correctly.  I looked for a client.sniffer API to automate Meterpreter but
didn't find one.  I looked in the documentation (which I assumed wasn't
up-to-date with the development trunk but looked anyway) and also printed
out all the methods available for a Meterpreter session object in IRB and
didn't see anything obvious there either.  Am I overlooking something?

I have to believe the second session is fine, because I can still set up
pivoting through it and the 'use sniffer' command seems to work fine (well,
it returns true instead of false anyway).

--
Bryan