Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: pattern_create.rb

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:44:34 -0600

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 23:40 +0000, wullie millen wrote:
Im using the new windows version( which is great by the way) Im trying
to use pattern_create.rb to make 5000 characters
the problem im having is trying to move them. Ive tried to redirect
its output to a file but I cant find the file anywhere, also
because its a windows shell I cant use cut and paste.

The Windows RXVT places any highlighted text into your clipboard, so
just select it and then paste into another application. The Cygwin file
path is inside of Program Files\Metasploit\Framework3\

Your /home/<username> path maps inside of this directory, but you can
also write to files on the normal drivers by using the cygdrive prefix:

$ pattern_create.rb 5000 > /cygdrive/c/output.txt

-HD