Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Metasploit Framework 3.3.3 Released!

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:53:27 -0600

On 12/23/2009 9:40 AM, Bob Bruen wrote:
The neXpose download does not work even after you enter in all your
marketing info. I am trying it again, it behaves differently now, required fields are
not labled, but now you must enter in everthing.

I'll ask the folks who maintain it to double check field validation - it
should be displaying an alert() when fields are missing. Are you using a
plugin like NoScript?

And when you finish, you do not get
access to the software, you get a promise that some sales droid will get
in touch in two days to "help" you get through the process.

Download requests are approved in batches every ~10 minutes or so - the
process is a little klunky since we don't have in-product registration
yet. As soon as it is possible to obtain a license from within the
product, we can avoid the web/email based activation process and smooth
out the download process.

Thank for giving NeXpose a shot - the latest version now supports full
PDF/HTML reporting, which makes it immediately useful for auditing small
networks. As far as I know, NeXpose Community edition is the only
enterprise-ready vulnerability management solution available
free-of-charge for commercial purposes.

-HD