Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: question on building a module

From: HD Moore <hdm () metasploit com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:29:53 -0500

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 16:07 +0200, corelanc0d3r wrote:
when I run the module, the iteration (while count < 10000) stops after
a very limited number of runs... sometimes 15 runs, sometimes after 35
runs... but it never goes all the way (until the socket stops
responding).  It looks like some sort of  timer kicks in and stops the
iteration after one or two seconds...

All I'm getting is something like this :
[ snip ]
[*] Auxiliary module execution completed

What am I doing wrong here ?  Or is something broken in the version I
am using ?
I am running framework3.3-dev

By default, the Scanner mixin silently ignores Rex::ConnectionError
exceptions. This lets the scanner hit wide ranges of hosts without
flooding the screen with errors. The handle these errors yourself, do:

       while count < 10000
           begin #
           connect
           fuzzdata = "A" * count
           print_status("Sending #{count} bytes")
           sock.put(fuzzdata)
           disconnect
           count+=10
           rescue ::Interrupt
              raise $! # allow ^C to work
           rescue ::Exception => e
               print_status("Error: #{e.class} #{e} #{e.backtrace}")
               # probably want to exit if connect() failed
           end
       end