Metasploit mailing list archives

smb2_negotiate_func_index problem

From: professor0110 at gmail.com (Professor 0110)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:44:39 +1000

Hi all,
I recently tried out the new smb2_negotiate_func_index exploit on a Windows
Vista machine in my LAN. As you know, there are no patches for this
vulnerability, so I expected it to work like a charm. However, nothing
happened after waiting for 180 seconds and the output said: "Exploit
completed, but no session was created". I looked to my Vista machine, and
nothing at all happened.

Can anyone please explain why the 'sploit did not work as expected?

Here is the configuration.

Windows XP Laptop
     (attacker)             --------------------------- Wireless Router
------------------------------- Windows Vista Laptop

                                            (victim)

                                                                 Modem
(Internet Gateway)

                                                             (Internet
cloud)

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Professor 0110