Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Which directory to save as in?

From: egypt () metasploit com
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:47:31 -0600

Modules are generally categorized by protocol.  Since your module will
use the HTTP protocol, the proper place is most likely
modules/exploits/windows/http/.  Note that this is only used as a
categorization for users to be able to find exploits using a
particular protocol and the framework doesn't actually care.  Anything
under modules/exploits/ will work.

Hope this helped,
egypt