Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Shodan search in MSF?

From: John Sawyer <jsawyer () ufl edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:28:10 -0400

On Aug 31, 2010, at 11:49 AM, John H. Sawyer wrote:
On Tue Aug 31 11:17:36 EDT 2010, Shawn Merdinger <shawnmer () gmail com> wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone has considered the usefulness of adding some
type of Shodan search functionality into MSF? Might be kind of useful
to do a search for a target, say vxworks [1], and then pull the IPs
returned by Shodan (either free or registered search) bask into MSF.

I'm on my way there. Here's what I wrote last night. It's not a module yet, but it's a start to interacting with the SHODAN API using Ruby and JSON.

I completed the SHODAN Enumerator module this morning. It requires an APIKEY that is free with a SHODAN account. It has proxy and database support so all the results are populated into the db via report_services and includes IP, port, protocol, and the banner.

This is my first module so I used the search_email_collector.rb module as an example to get started. The only gotcha , that I know of, is that it requires the ruby JSON module. If there's JSON parsing natively in MSF, please let me know, and I'll update the module.

For more info and usage examples, I've posted more details and a download link on my blog.
http://sploitlab.com

-jhs