Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Slightly off topic but very relevant to sploit activity

From: Chao Mu <chao.mu () minorcrash com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 21:22:55 -0500

Likely similar to https://panopticlick.eff.org/

His "billion device database" is going to be worthless for most mobile
devices (all ship with the same exact software image) and will become
stale really fast. Each time Firefox pushes an update, Adobe patches
another 0day, or someone reinstalls a system, the prior fingerprint is
going to be invalidated.

The problem immediately brings my mind to perceptual hashes.