Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: "clear" in msfconsole

From: Joshua TAYLOR <joshuaaaron () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:24:37 -0400

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:35 AM, Joshua Smith <lazydj98 () gmail com> wrote:
I found a half-assed way to add a "clear" command to msfconsole, at
least in linux/bash:

Just curious, since the framework runs unrecognized commands as
command lines,e.g., in

msf > ls
[*] exec: ls

bin
boot

what's the matter with using the standard unix 'clear' command?  It
seems to have the expected behavior (clear the screen, leaving just a
"msf >" prompt at the top).  (This is the behavior I get in a
gnome-terminal with TERM=xterm and in xterm with TERM=xterm-color,
anyway.)  Is there some functionality that this misses?

//JT
--
Joshua Taylor, http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~tayloj/