Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: sessions enquire

From: Patrick Webster <patrick () metasploit com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:40:15 +1000

You have probably missed something. A 'session' is a correctly
exploited service where the payload/shellcode has executed correctly
and thus often bound to a TCP port etc.

Did you set PAYLOAD, TARGET and RHOST within the snort module?

Try 'show options' and make sure mandatory fields are set.... if
everything is set correctly the exploit should not 'abort' as you
state, it will simply timeout / fail which may indicate the
exploitability of your snort setup is incorrect.

-Patrick

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:09 AM, Alexandros Christias