Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: wdbrpc_memory_dump.rb bug and question

From: "Joshua J. Drake" <jdrake () metasploit com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:53:44 -0600

Robin,

Setting the "OFFSET" variable indictates that you wish to resume a
partial dump. This feature is intended to be used along with an
existing dump that did not complete.

The initial portion of the dump should remain undisturbed while the
new parts will be written starting at the supplied offset. Currently,
starting at a specific offset and writing to a new file is not
supported. This is due to some strangeness with ruby's handling of
various file options...

For now, if you absolutely must preserve the old partial dump, copy
vxworks_memory2.dump to vxworks_memory3.dump and then retry.

If you haven't created a ticket yet, it may not be necessary. I
modified the module to fall-back to writing a new file in case it
fails to open..

You can see the pull request / commit here:
https://github.com/rapid7/metasploit-framework/pull/130

PS. Please Include the datastore (via info or set commands) in your bug
reports to help streamline the troubleshooting process in the future.