Metasploit mailing list archives

Using sudo as root

From: Cristian Livadaru <cristian () livadaru net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:46:36 +0100

I was searching google for the nmap error "Traceroute does not support idle or connect scan"
and found this message:

Em 20-01-2012 14:14, Danux escreveu:

When you switch to root account did you use "su " or "su -". Make Sure
to use the latest.

I use BackTrack 5 R1 with default root account. So i don't switch users.
It was my fault when i didn't specified that before hand. But i'll keep
that in mind in other distros.
Thanks

My .2 cents.

Sent from Danux's Network