Metasploit mailing list archives

Meterpreter reverse_tcp pivot + socks4a proxy dies

From: Lukas Kuzmiak <lukash () backstep net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 19:05:09 +0200

Hey there,

I'm using linux/x86/meterpreter/reverse_tcp payload in an exploit on a
remote host, once the meterpreter session is established, I set up a route
using autoroute command to pivot through this host.

As I want to play with a web application through this pivot I'm using this
socks4a proxy in Firefox. However the meterpreter session dies _very_
often, both servers are in datacenters on 100mbps with latency of ~20ms and
throughput around 5M/s with no packet loss for sure.

I'm not really sure what closes the session really, but if I manually do
eg. "ls" in the meterpreter (from time to time) the session lasts longer.

Is there a way to set up kind-of keep-alive packets between meterpreter
server and client?

Cheers!
Lukas