nanog mailing list archives

493 Nets in 93 Aggregates

From: yakov () watson ibm com
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 14:46:19 EDT

Ref:  Your note of Mon, 11 Apr 94 20:39:08 MET DST

Peter,

May I suggest that we inherit some of the techniques from the
phone-marketing people, and actively go after people that
could reduce their routing announcements by using CIDR ?

One useful step in this direction would be identify individual
sites that have a large block of contiguous Class C networks,
and then go after these sites first. This would allow us
to maximize the "return on investment".

Yakov.
P.S. As a matter of fact, I wonder whether we can get a list
of sites that have Class C networks sorted (in descreasing order)
by the number of contiguous Class C networks assigned to a site.