nanog mailing list archives

Re: EP.NET ???

From: randy () psg com (Randy Bush)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 95 10:18 PDT

However I also have trouble seeing why any ISP would willingly decline to
register it's boxes in the DNS.  I fully agree with PL that introducing
EP.NET into this is value- subtraction, in that it will just add unneeded
confusion.

And worse, allows someone to think they're doing the 'right thing'  because
my tax money sez that's the way to go.

There's another value-subtracted service offered to IXers by this kind
service.  "The block 198.32.0.0/16 is set aside for numbering exchange
points.  The block is listed to ISI. Specific sub-delegations can be made as
needed."  Nice way to break aggregation, create an extra route, ...

randy