nanog mailing list archives

Re: Request for Comments on a topological address block for N. Calif.

From: bmanning () ISI EDU
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 1995 09:32:55 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think that this will work for a business viewpoint - someone
will end up giving at least some of these ISPs free transit.

See the attached message that I sent to big-internet earlier this
month.  My comments apply to metro-based addressing or
interconnect-based addressing or similar schemes.
      --asp () uunet uu net (Andrew Partan)

        The one way around this is to have all of the players participating
        in such a scheme form a "co-op", so that "long-haul" folks only
        sign one transit agreement, with the co-op.

        A few tweeks to the MPLA's at the AADS and PACBELL NAPS, regarding
        this technique might fly.  At least they are a starting point for such
        discussions.

--
--bill