nanog mailing list archives

Re: NAP/ISP Saturation WAS: Re: Exchanges that matter...

From: Michael Dillon <michael () memra com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 17:38:25 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Alex.Bligh wrote:

As to what cisco will do, you should probably ask cisco.

I did. They said "the problem doesn't exist". I am circulating the problem
(before, like SYN flods, it becomes a serious operational problem) to those
with larger annual Cisco spend than me.

Just wait until someone decides
you should measure your ISPs performance by running
  ping -s 1000 mae-east.sprintlink.net
(8kb/s). Now get 16 people doing it at once, and ...

Wouldn't it be more effective to run
ping -s 1000 sty.cisco.com ?  ;-)

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael () memra com