nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ping flooding (fwd)

From: Michael Dillon <michael () memra com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 23:59:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Nevin Williams wrote:

Why not? Don't telcos do this?
Or if your answer is that telcos only do it for the police and not for
each other, then my question would be why can't we form an Internet
equivalent, maybe affiliated with something like CERT, that can make these
requests and with whom NSP's would cooperate.

What sort of incentive or penalty do you think would enable this
cooperation?

Screwed up networks give the whole industry a bad name. It is in everyones
economic best interests to make the network operate fast and reliably.

Michael Dillon                                   ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: michael () memra com