nanog mailing list archives

Re: Allocation of IP Addresses

From: Brian Brown <bbrown () access digex net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 11:52:54 -0500

Perry,  You forget one thing.  The deep pocket companies CAN buy up all the
food or rent ALL the apartments but I can grow more or build more starting
today.

Show me how I can create more ip numbers today.

Brian

"David R. Conrad" writes:
Your proposal is?  If you say charging for address space, please
explain what would stop deep pocket companies from buying up all the
address space?

If you start charging for food, what would stop deep pocket companies
from buying up all the food?

If you start charging rent for apartments, what would stop deep pocket
companies from renting all the apartments?

Perry

Brian Brown
703-709-7500
bbrown () digex net