nanog mailing list archives

Re: Exchanges that matter...

From: Michael Dillon <michael () memra com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 12:21:51 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, Paul A Vixie wrote:

We're seeing bifurcation into little guys and big guys.  It remains to be seen
which end of the strata will have the larger total number of endpoints.  If
it's the big guys, they will squeeze the little guys no matter how many of
the little guys band together.  If the little guys own more endpoints then
some kind of collective bargaining will be possible.  My hope rests on this
possibility but please don't bet your money on it.

Could you expand on this a bit please? For instance, how do you define
"endpoint"?

Michael Dillon                   -               ISP & Internet Consulting
Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-604-546-3049
http://www.memra.com             -               E-mail: michael () memra com