nanog mailing list archives

Re: GigaRouter (Was Re: Cisco as Big Brother))

From: Andrew Partan <asp () partan com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 12:26:30 -0500 (EST)

We there are strictly controlling our customers via filters and access lists
because we know exactly ip networks he have, and all channels he can use
to anounce this networks, and so on - (except some peers).

I think that I agree with your approach.

There exist RIPE and other data bases - yes. They does have
route objects.

There are other parts of the config than just customer routes -
like interfaces, IGP/BGP issues, LAN/WAN stuff.

It would be interesting to work on something that tried to cover
more than just a few parts of the config, and that could handle
both cisco & gated configs (I'll take others as a bonus).
        --asp () partan com (Andrew Partan)